Sunday 7 August 2011

August Bank Holl

Last weekend, we were luckily enough to have a long weekend, not lucky enough to have good weather, but that didn’t stop us exploring me more of this beautiful country!!




On Sunday we drove to the Lough Neagh Discovery Centre to take in a tiny portion of the biggest lake in Ireland. Dyl had a great time playing with the Arcemedis Screw. Thenwe headed on to the Holiday Inn, Ballymena Road, Antrim where we checked in to the biggest family room I’ve ever stayed in right by the Junction One Outlet Centre. So of course I forced myself to do some shopping, picking up some cupcake liners and a few small Christmas gifts- Get me for the super-organisation!!!! John and Dylan had a round of pirate mini-golf and afterwards we tried to eat all we could at The Red Panda~ Delicious but very rich sauces, so you can’t eat too much~ Sneaky!!!!



Monday morning, fuelled up with our hot chockies and full-Irish breakfasts we headed to Bushmills to the Giants Causeway. Words cannot do it justice so here are some snaps to show off such a dramatic landscape!!









After our Irish style picnic (eating in the car!) we drove to the Carrick-a-Rede ropebridge and I’m glad to say we all made it over and back! It was the scariest thing I’ve ever done!






I think when you have kids, fears get exaggerated, and you worry more, however irrationally, especially when crossing over rocks with a baby in her sling dancing and laughing as I practically wet myself!!!



Still twas a fabboo weekend, a nice break from the norm!!

No comments: