Thursday 30 June 2011

Some French Inspiration....

The only good thing about coming back from holidays is rediscovering the treasures you bought to take home. Today I unwrapped the fabboo flamingo picks in a wee dish for eating shellfish etc... Had almost forgotten about those lovely ladies!!! I'm finally getting somewhere with the unpacking, kids clothes away, washing on, knight outfits, princess costumes and toys all tidied away and residing in their new home. Just toiletries and souveneirs to unwrap... I'm going to open one a day to save post-holiday depression!!

Flicking through holiday snaps, I've found a few for inspiration. If I get two seconds to myself over the Summer (Dylan finished school today, and Arabella has learnt to crawl and explore the house!)will definitely try my hand at the following;



A gorgeous linen laundry/swim bag with knitted fish, spotted in Carcassone.

And in the same window:


How adorable are these jam jar covers complete with crocheted/knitted fruit, crocheted trims, embroidery and lace!! Must get picking the fruit to make the jam too!!

We all adored waking up to fesh baguettes, pain au chocolat and croissants, and heading to the markets for macaroons and nougat. Anyone with recipes for either, please send my way. Just look at the faboo colours;



Finally for now, how cool is this lasagne, spied in Marseillan?! I would have brought some back if it would have survived being squashed with all my other buys in a very cramped case. I even had to leave some togs and SHOES in France!!!!



Oh also my peppers are growing well, they didnt miss me much, the spring onions are peeking their legs out and the broad beens and peas are thriving, despite all the rain while I was on the Sunny French Med!!

More on that another day, Baby is having a moan.....

No comments: