Tuesday 19 October 2010

1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Other Tempting Treats

6 Days and counting till baby due so have taken a break from Swap-bot, although I am still checking out and watching new swaps and forums all the time!!

Yesterday got another great package from Josien but unfortunately my camera is out of battery so can't post a pic. The swap was a private baby one that was supposed to be just a letter but Josien has outdone herself yet again, it was a great surprise to come home to, especially as the doc said there's no sign of baby arriving any time soon....

In the package was a great letter all about Josien's little girl and the baby products she uses. On top of that were sewing patterns, biscuit samples, samples of sudocreme and baby body butter, more fruit teas and a scented drawer liner for baby!! I am so thrilled and chuffed with the thought that went into this swap- Thanks Josien xXx

Today, Dylan and I decided it was too cold to go out, even as far as the library, and so instead decided to do some baking- supplies were limited but we did make some marbled cupcakes from the book AJ gave me for my birthday:

'1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Other Tempting Treats'

I'm not quite as gung-ho as 'Julie & Julia' but do aim to eventually complete all the recipes in the book. Cake baking, or should I say, decorating, is an expensive and time-consming hobby but I'll do it eventually (with the help of my little baking buddy, Dylan!)!!!

My camera is still out of action, but here are the recipes we've completed so far (since 23rd April 2010):

  • 92 ~ Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes (October 2010)
  • 192 ~ Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 210 ~ Whirly Pinwheel Cookies (pic taken with my ancient phone!)
  • 251 ~ Midnight Cookies
  • 368 ~ Party Cookies (DP's fave- we've made hundreds of batches of these!)
  • 622 ~ Chocolate Chip Flap Jacks
  • 655 ~ Apple Streusel Muffins
  • 760 ~ Marbled Chocolate Muffins (19/10/10)
  • 802 ~ Children's Party Muffins (19/08/10)
  • 804 ~ Birthday Muffins (11/08/10)

It's hard to try new recipes when you have old reliables in your recipe file.... But I'm always up for trying new things and fattening my other half up... We all need extra 'insulation' for the winter!!!!

No comments: